Monday, 23 March 2009

I'LL SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD



My quote choice:
"I'll sleep when I'm dead."
- Warren Zevon (1947-2003)

Explanation of quote choice: This quote is all about trying hard. I chose this quote because even though I don't get good grades, I try hard to achieve it. This quote is written in future tense like "I'll keep trying until I'm dead", but I think it's more of a personality (what is inside us).

Explanation of what this quote means to me: Looking at this quote, it means "I'll never rest", "I'll try hard till I die". I think it's true meaning is exaggerated. I think the quote doesn't just mean 'trying hard' but I think it strictly explains 'working up to our best potential'.


Explanation of image: Snail is an insect which seems lazy and relaxed. But I think it tries hard to move. Although it has no legs except slimy feet, it moves without stopping. I think I'm like a snail because I am lazy but I like to try. (http://spaz.ca/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/snail1.JPG)

1 comment:

  1. How can you be lazy and try hard? A snail isn't lazy. You understand the quote Darren; it is a form of hyperbole to get the point across that life is hard work and you need to work hard and long to achieve your goals. When you think of your successes, what strategies did you use to attain that success? How does reflecting on results help you improve successes? How does that relate to your quote choice? Careful with conventions.

    ReplyDelete