My heart was pounding like a mad clock. Fear was not there anymore, I was into it with wild excitement. Every blow I gave, the more enthusiasm I experienced. This gang fight involvement is something that may never happen again! And therefore, I thought I had to enjoy it as best I can. My fist jammed into another stomach, knocking them down.
Yes indeed, I was the invulnerable! Along with my gang, they stood no chance. If the cause of this fight was our arrogance, I was ready to do it again and again.
Few were down on the ground, bleeding from injuries. If the enemies are down, we never beat them up. That’s what cowards do, and it was one of few rules that existed in our gang, to not hit the folks who are down.
The fight was nearly stopping, due to the certainty of our victory. Suddenly, something metal crushed my ankle, giving me a deadly shock over my body. I felt as if my bones have been shattered into pieces, its shape no longer recognizable.
I kind of wished my ankle to pour lots of blood. I didn’t want sympathy, but I just wanted to them to know how much it hurt, and how raged I was.
Then, I was back to the fight. Focusing on the target that injured me, I clenched my fingers and got myself up. I tried to look as intimidating and scary but it didn’t quite work. In this way, I thought I could at least keep my pride, because I had no strength left in my leg……………
Our school was always interesting, always... We always had things to discuss about, whether our personal problems or things about school.
We thought who we were terrifying, mighty youngsters; we never knew our arrogance would end up as our enemy.
When I first was to Jakarta, I first attended ‘Singapore International School’. The school was more like a big mansion, with many local kids. Right next to the school was an apartment where there were a lot of basement floors.
In my second year, I realized that I was beginning to show leadership in sports especially, and this led me into knowing one of a national go-kart driver in my grade. When you say ‘my friend is one of a national go-kart player!’, or things like that, it sort of makes your reputation higher in the teenager’s school world. Then I joined their gang.
The gang was consisted of at least thirty people, and most of them were in our school.
On a Friday afternoon, our basketball game was interrupted by a bunch of local kids from local school. I could see that they were doing it to annoy us because they were wearing soccer shoes. We were completely humiliated. They pointed at us and told us to leave immediately, like a command. We gave them an ‘I will pay you back for this!’ look and moved out as lazily and annoyingly as possible. We could fight them if we wanted, but we weren’t fools to make trouble in school.
As the activities finished, the rest of the gang members joined us and we moved to the basement as usual. But in the basement, the local boys were waiting, ready to make a fool out of us again.
But this basement was like our home. We knew it better than anyone, and we were in great advantage if we fought.
First we started to annoy them like what they did. But they didn’t seem to find this agitating.
Then, we went further on but ‘too much’. We insulted their family and made comparisons saying they were poorer and bad-educated.
I think you can probably guess what happened next. The fight started and without any personal gain, I just ended up getting my leg unusable for a very long time.
A years after the fight, I moved school because of the bad influence that reached me academically. I thought I could make better friends here, without involving in gang activities. And this was clearly right. I was no longer a bad boy and made lots of good friends. But I think this was possible because of the go-kart friend.
He was expelled from school few weeks ago. The main two reasons was that first, he took drugs, and secondly, his arrogance and insolence brought him down and forced him in a situation where he had to be expelled for his actions.
Even though being in a gang was one of my most enjoyable moments in my life, it was also an educable experience.
It’s too bad he was expelled for his arrogance and irresponsible actions, but this was what got me out of the route that ‘bad boys take’.
After all, I guess I made the right choices, but he didn’t......quite.
Yes indeed, I was the invulnerable! Along with my gang, they stood no chance. If the cause of this fight was our arrogance, I was ready to do it again and again.
Few were down on the ground, bleeding from injuries. If the enemies are down, we never beat them up. That’s what cowards do, and it was one of few rules that existed in our gang, to not hit the folks who are down.
The fight was nearly stopping, due to the certainty of our victory. Suddenly, something metal crushed my ankle, giving me a deadly shock over my body. I felt as if my bones have been shattered into pieces, its shape no longer recognizable.
I kind of wished my ankle to pour lots of blood. I didn’t want sympathy, but I just wanted to them to know how much it hurt, and how raged I was.
Then, I was back to the fight. Focusing on the target that injured me, I clenched my fingers and got myself up. I tried to look as intimidating and scary but it didn’t quite work. In this way, I thought I could at least keep my pride, because I had no strength left in my leg……………
Our school was always interesting, always... We always had things to discuss about, whether our personal problems or things about school.
We thought who we were terrifying, mighty youngsters; we never knew our arrogance would end up as our enemy.
When I first was to Jakarta, I first attended ‘Singapore International School’. The school was more like a big mansion, with many local kids. Right next to the school was an apartment where there were a lot of basement floors.
In my second year, I realized that I was beginning to show leadership in sports especially, and this led me into knowing one of a national go-kart driver in my grade. When you say ‘my friend is one of a national go-kart player!’, or things like that, it sort of makes your reputation higher in the teenager’s school world. Then I joined their gang.
The gang was consisted of at least thirty people, and most of them were in our school.
On a Friday afternoon, our basketball game was interrupted by a bunch of local kids from local school. I could see that they were doing it to annoy us because they were wearing soccer shoes. We were completely humiliated. They pointed at us and told us to leave immediately, like a command. We gave them an ‘I will pay you back for this!’ look and moved out as lazily and annoyingly as possible. We could fight them if we wanted, but we weren’t fools to make trouble in school.
As the activities finished, the rest of the gang members joined us and we moved to the basement as usual. But in the basement, the local boys were waiting, ready to make a fool out of us again.
But this basement was like our home. We knew it better than anyone, and we were in great advantage if we fought.
First we started to annoy them like what they did. But they didn’t seem to find this agitating.
Then, we went further on but ‘too much’. We insulted their family and made comparisons saying they were poorer and bad-educated.
I think you can probably guess what happened next. The fight started and without any personal gain, I just ended up getting my leg unusable for a very long time.
A years after the fight, I moved school because of the bad influence that reached me academically. I thought I could make better friends here, without involving in gang activities. And this was clearly right. I was no longer a bad boy and made lots of good friends. But I think this was possible because of the go-kart friend.
He was expelled from school few weeks ago. The main two reasons was that first, he took drugs, and secondly, his arrogance and insolence brought him down and forced him in a situation where he had to be expelled for his actions.
Even though being in a gang was one of my most enjoyable moments in my life, it was also an educable experience.
It’s too bad he was expelled for his arrogance and irresponsible actions, but this was what got me out of the route that ‘bad boys take’.
After all, I guess I made the right choices, but he didn’t......quite.
No comments:
Post a Comment